Peak Travel Periods
As we come to the end of the year, we would like to provide you with some important travel information.
Peak Travel Periods on South Africa's roads this Festive Season:
- All routes exiting Gauteng:
8, 15 and 22 December 2017.
- All routes returning to Gauteng:
2, 7, 8 and 9 January 2018.
"As we come to the end of the year, we would like to provide you with some important travel information."
Conventional Toll Plazas have automatic electronic toll payment lanes available. If you have a SANRAL account registered with a tag fitted and an up-to-date account, you may use your tag as a method of payment at the toll plaza.
Automated Electronic Payment Lanes:
- Signs at the plaza will indicate which lane you can use your tag at. (If a ‘tag accepted’ sign is displayed approaching the toll plaza and lanes are not individually marked, it means all lanes accept tags).
- Reduce speed when entering the toll plaza area.
- Select a lane which accepts SANRAL tags as a method of payment.
- Maintain a car length following distance to avoid paying for a vehicle in front of you.
Once your tag is detected, it will emit one or more 'beeps':
- 1 Beep: Payment Successful
- 2 Beeps: Low Balance Warning
- 4 Beeps: Account Suspended
- No Beeps: Contact Customer Service
24/7 Emergency Numbers
- TRAC: 0800 8722 64
- N3TC: 0800 63 4357
- Bakwena: 0800 2259362